Wednesday 7 August 2013

August Challenge - Day 7

Day 7 -
Write about your family.

Ahh, my family. That really big and confusing bunch of people I love so much. And when I say big and confusing, I really do mean it. My dad is one of seven which leads to many aunties and uncles.
But let's start smaller. I live at home with my older sister Emma, my mum and my dad. Oh, and our dog Twiggy, she's part of the family too. I love them all so much and I am grateful I get to see them practically every day as I don't know where I'd be without them.
My mum has one sister which makes one auntie and she is married so that makes an uncle. That part was simple. Now my dad's side. My dad has four sisters, all of whom are married, and two brothers, one is married and one is not. So now I have six aunties and seven uncles *I think*. All four of my dad's sisters have children, who have their own children, one of whom has a daughter, and is expecting another child *aww*. This makes my dad a great-great-uncle and means that I have a lot of cousins. Both of my dad's brothers also have children, just to add to the confusion and the number of cousins I have. Having such a big family means that we are all very spread out and don't get to see each other often, but I love them all the same. There seems to be little groups of my family dotted about the country, and I love our 'little group' so much.
Just to add to the confused state you are probably already in, there are people that aren't related to me that I call my aunties and uncles as they are close family friends. This now totals up to eight aunties and nine uncles. Okay, looking at that it doesn't seem like a lot now, so maybe my family isn't as confusing as I thought, or maybe it is, but either way, I love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment