Thursday 1 August 2013

August Challenge - Day 1

Okay, so I created this blog a few months ago now, but after my first post, I never did anything else. I wanted to, I just wasn't too sure of what to actually write, so I decided this would be the perfect opportunity - The August Challenge. It was created by my friend Sarah (I'll put links to her stuff at the bottom) and involves writing about something different each day. So, as today is August 1st, I shall start.

Day 1-
Take the time to appreciate the people around you.

Starting with those who are literally around me right now, my parents. They are the reason I am here writing this today, and I mean that in more ways than one. They've had to put up with me for 6,173 days *what I like maths?* and so had my sister. My sister is truly amazing and I love her to pieces. In all fairness I would say that about the majority of people I meet because I think that everyone is individually beautiful and inspiring, but when it comes to my sister, I really mean it. I have a very big and confusing family with more cousins than you could imagine, but they are all wonderful creations that I am proud to say I am related to.
Next up is my friends, and I am thankful to say I have a fair few of these. They are all so caring and considerate, of which has really been proven to me over the last couple of months. They make me smile and laugh so much, especially when I shouldn't be. Memories are created on a daily basis with them, memories that I shall keep with me forever.  I saw something today that said 'Good friends talk about sex. Best friends talk about poop' it reminded me of one of my friends in particular and made me realise just how close we really are. Even though my best friend is thousands of miles away right now, I see things that remind me of her and it feels like she is by my side.
Last, but certainly not least, if all of my amazing friends I have met on twitter. No, before you jump to that conclusion, they are not 50-something men. They are beautiful people that have made a huge impact on my life in such a short space of time. Having to survive without new episodes of your favourite TV shows for four months is hard but they help to keep me sane.
I really do appreciate all those around me, and this has just shown me how lucky I am to know so many outstanding and inspiring people.

Sarah's Links:
Her Blog
Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment