Tuesday 13 August 2013

August Challenge - Day 13

Day 13 -
Write about something that gives you hope for the future.

Gosh, this is a tough one. I've never really thought about it before, but I guess people in general, specifically those around me. I look up to the majority of people who are around me for many different reasons, whether it be because they got their dream job, the way they hold and present themselves, because they smile through life, there really is many different reasons I could write here but I'll save you the bother.
Something that gives me hope is strength, not necessarily physical, but mental. Seeing (or hearing) someone get through a tough situation, whether I know them or not, gives me hope that if I am ever in that position that I shall make it through. Being surrounded by so many amazing people lets me know that they shall be there for me, and I don't need to hope for that, I know it.
There is so much academic talent on this earth that cures for serious illness' are being discovered, and that gives me hope that someday innocent people won't have their lives taken away. The movement that many political parties are making on equality for all, involving things such as marriage, gives me hope that one day people will be able to see past the colour of your skin or race or sexuality, and just accept you for who you are as a person.

No comments:

Post a Comment