Wednesday 26 March 2014

Silhouettes

Happy Wednesday! 
I recently discovered this song as it played in the background of the Catching Fire credits *surprise surprise* and I've fallen in love with it. This song is Silhouettes by Of Monsters and Men
I've only ever heard a few of their more popular songs, but I should probably listen to more as I really like them.

As this song was written for the Catching Fire soundtrack it would be very easy to just relate it back to the movie, but for some odd reason that my little fangirl head is unable to understand, not all of you have seen the film (or read the books) so I shall try my very hardest to relate it to normal people stuff and not go off on a tangent. But I can't promise anything. 
I think that this song is about moving on, whether it's from a person or a situation. It's about growing as a person because of what happened and becoming better because of that. If that makes sense. 
I think the line "A thousand silhouettes dancing on my chest, no matter where I sleep, you are haunting me." implies that however hard to try to forget someone, it's not going to happen over night. These things take time, you can't just expect to go to bed one night hurt and wake up in the morning the happiest person ever because unfortunately like doesn't work like that. 
Throughout the second half of the song, the same few lines are repeated over and over again. 
 "But I'm already there,
I'm already there,
Wherever there is you, 
I will be there too."
This makes me think that although you are trying to forget someone (or something) sometimes there's just no running away from it. You have to fight it until you are strong enough to go it alone.
I really do love this song and I think it fits perfectly with the story told in Catching Fire.
Thanks for reading.
See you on Sunday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment