Wednesday 9 April 2014

SING

Happy Wednesday! 
As some of you may know, I might have a little obsession with some ginger dude called Ed Sheeran, so when he announced that his new single 'Sing' would be played for the first time on Monday, I will a little excited. Just a little; barely at all really *sense the sarcasm* 

In the space of two days I've sort of fallen in love with this song *and learnt all the words, but that's besides the point*
He said himself, that this song is pretty self explanatory, although, like with many new releases the media insists on otherwise. They all seem to be convinces that there's super big, juicy story behind a song. 
One of the first things I noticed about this song was the chords used and the fact that they are rather different to the ones Ed normally uses. He picked up on this in the live-chat that he did on Monday evening and said that he was apprehensive about the song because of that. Personally I love the change here; it shows that he's growing as a musician and I love that I get to witness that. 
Ed's new album, 'X',  will be out within a matter of months and I can't wait to see what he's been working on for the past few years. 
Thanks for reading, see you on Sunday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment