Sunday 13 April 2014

Easter Tree DIY


Happy Sunday!
As I'm sure many of you will know, this time next week will be Easter Sunday. So in order to get into the Easter-y spirit, I thought I'd make this little *and adorably cute* Eater tree!
You will need:
Twigs/branches
Paint
Paintbrush
Glass (or mini-vase)
Little chocolate eggs
Hanging egg decorations (optional)

I started off by finding an old newspaper and laying it down on the table so I didn't get paint everywhere, although I still managed to get it all over my hands. There's a tree at the end of my garden so I snapped a few of the empty twigs off and pulled of the bits that looked like they were about to fall off anyway and made the twigs slightly smaller to the size I wanted them. I then painted them a rather pale purple. I decided to use one of the little sample pots that you would use if you were decorating your home so I didn't have to mix together the few colours of paints. I used the colour 'Gentle Lavender' from the Dulux range which was £1.59 from Homebase. I only painted on a thin coat so they didn't take long to dry; only about 20 minutes. 
Once they were dry I placed them into the glass and dropped some little 'Milk Chocolate Eggs' from Sainsbury's and some 'Mini Cream Eggs' from Poundland. 
On the branches I hung four 'Decorative eggs with hanging ribbon' from Poundland on a few of the branches. 
And there we have it, an Easter tree. What's great about this is that it gets you into the Easter spirit and you can eat the chocolate in the glass; its a win-win situation! 

Thanks for reading, see you on Wednesday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment