Sunday 23 February 2014

London Fashion Week A/W 2014 Review

Happy Sunday!
Last week was London Fashion Week as well as many other iconic places in the world including Milan and New York. As London is rather close to home I thought I'd go through some of the key looks for the Autumn/Winter period along with showing you my favourites. 
Fashion East was established in 2000 and is essentially an ever changing group of emerging designers that are picked to showcase their work in London Fashion Week. This year, the chosen designers were Ashley Williams, Helen Lawrence and Louise Alsop. Above are my five favourite looks from their show. Much of the collection revolves around pastel colours, which are usually associated with the summer, but are slowly creeping their way into the winter months too. I have found this to be a running theme throughout all the collections in the Autumn/Winter show.  

The Burberry collection was probably my second favourite out of all the shows I saw (on-line that is, I was not lucky enough to be there in person). This collection revolved heavily around repeated patterns and large statement prints. In fact, I don't think there was a look without one incorporated in it somewhere. Although saying that, there wasn't any extremely garish and in-your-face kind of prints; they were all very complementary of each other and the other colours used in the design. The majority of the designs either included a scarf secured under a belt (which I absolutely love) or an asymmetric theme, like the coats which appear to have a blanket hanging off the side. Somehow, Burberry manage to make that work.
And last, but certainly not least, the collection by Holly Fulton, my favourite one of them all. I've just sat here for the past hour going through all of her previous collections and I think I'm love. They are, quite simply,  amazing. I don't know how I've survived without knowing this designer. Again, a lot of pastel's were used in her stunning collection, as well some graphic prints (the last picture) and also very detailed embroidery which, in my opinion, just takes the collection to a whole other level and really helps to bring all the designs together. 
After writing this I sort of wish that every week was Fashion Week just so I had more pictures and designers to be in awe of.
Thanks for reading, see you on Wednesday! 

*All pictures from www.londonfashionweek.co.uk*

No comments:

Post a Comment