Wednesday 15 January 2014

This Love is... Ours

Happy Wednesday!
The other day I came up with this idea to do a music related post on a Wednesday, it might be a song I am currently loving, one that I've loved for some time, maybe an artist I've recently discovered, a little album review, or pretty much anything music related. Music is sort of a love of mine. It just amazes me how one song can change your mood drastically as it carries such emotion within it. I especially love raw emotion in songs. When you hear a little wobble in the artist voice, or when they are practically bursting with pride and passion, I love that music allows people to share that with us, as they probably wouldn't be able to otherwise, and we could all be different people because of it. That's a weird thought, I'll let you think about that one.


If you aren't too familiar with Taylor Swift, then the title of this post will most likely seem a bit weird, but for those of you who are, it probably fills your heart with joying knowing that I'm going to ramble on out the song 'Ours'. I feel like as soon as I wrote the words 'Taylor Swift' I was greeted with a bunch of eye-rolls and people who are now debating whether to stop reading or not, but please halt your finger from clicking the little 'x' button at the top and give the song a try, please. Here, you can even listen to the song whilst reading the rest if this, or just listen to the song if you want, although I would really like it if you made it to the end of this post.

I absolutely love this song, and I sort of forgot how much so until it came on shuffle the other day. I don't think I'm able to pick out a bad thing about it really. I love the lyrics, the meanings, the structure of it, the way instruments fade in and out so delicately, the music video, the story told in the video, the different lightings in the video, the cute cat sticker on her computer screen in the video... Okay I'm going to stop now.
In the song, there is this one line that really jumps out at me which is
'Don't you worry your pretty little mind, 
people throw rocks at thing that shine'
I'm not really too sure why I'm drawn to this line exactly, but I think it has a sense of raw emotion and innocence about it. It just seems so sincere, and as if the person is saying the it's okay, it'll all be over soon because they are bigger and better than this.
I'd really love it if you gave this song a listen, even if it's just the one, I love it so much and I really want you guys to see why. 
Thank's for reading, see you Sunday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment