Sunday 15 December 2013

Clothes Show Live 2013

 

First of all, I would like to apologise for not posting this last week but I simply just ran out of time to finish writing it. I had a rather hectic weekend last week and have mock exams for the majority of the coming week so I don't really have a lot of time to do anything right now. But lets get down to business...
On Friday 6th I was lucky enough to go on a school trip to The Clothes Show Live in Birmingham. I'd never been before so I didn't really know what to expect but I've got to admit it was pretty amazing.
We arrived at the NEC just before 11am and went straight into a seminar with some fashion people and editors (I can't remember who) after which I spent the next three hours... SHOPPING!! The NEC is huge, way bigger than what I thought it would be. The shopping part of the NEC was split into four sections, 'Fashion Fix & The Bazaar', 'Vision Village,' 'The Beauty Haul' and the 'Style Boutique'. The first two were pretty much just full of clothes from literally hundreds of different brands. Everything there was rather reasonably priced with the majority of it being cheaper than it would be on the high-street. The same goes for the 'Beauty Haul' which was packed full of different brands including Models Own, Barry M, W7 and Rimmel. Pretty much all the well known brands, including the ones listed before, had incredible deals on including £50 worth of Barry M products for just £10! I spent the day with my two friends Heather and Katie who decided it would be a good idea if we each get a goodie bag from different brands then split them up between the three of us. So rather than just having products from one brand you would have three! This is what I ended up with for just £10.
What I got:
Rimmel Lash Accelerator Endless Mascara - £7.99
Rimmel Salon Pro Nail Polish in Desire 393 - £4.49
Barry M Nail Paint in Sivler 288 - £2.99
Barry M Nail Paint in Fuchsia 302 - £2.99
Barry M Supersoft Eye Crayon in Blue - £3.99
Barry M Kohl Pencil Kingfisher Blue - £2.99
Barry M Dazzle Dust in Silver - £4.59
W7 Paint The Line Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner in Intense Black - £2.99
In all fairness, I'm not really too sure when I'm going to use a sparkly blue eyeliner but I will most likely use the rest *or give it to my sister as part of her Christmas present so shhh*

The fashion section was like a massive market with literally hundreds of different brands and stalls that you could get lost in for hours, and the best thing is that everything is rather reasonable priced. Here I brought a jumper and a dress. The jumper is oversized, which in the picture above looks incredibly unfaltering, and is so thick and cozy which makes it great for winter. They had loads of different ones with different sports teams and univeristy logos but I chose a UCLA one simply because it was the first one I saw. The quality of this jumper is great, especially since it was only £15. 
The second thing I brought *actually it was the first but oh well* was a dress, which was also £15. I was rather unsure about buying it, but I was eventually persuaded to do so by my friends Heather and Katie, and I am so glad I did. I wasn't to sure about the colours used but now they are my favourite part of it, I just need somewhere to wear it. Although I have to admit, I really don't like the look of it in the picture, but I can promise you it looks a lot better on - or at least that's what I've been told anyway. 
After hours of shopping we got to watch the fashion show which was incredible. I have never seen anything like it before, and I know I won't be forgetting it anytime soon. For starters, we had really good seats as we were rather close to the stage and Stooshe performed who were amazing! All the clothes were based on the theme of the high street and they each had immaculate dance routines when they came out on stage. I would include some pictures of the stunning clothes here but unfortunately the majority of them are rather blurry and of bad quality as it was dark in there.
Overall, The Clothes Show Live 2013 was great and I really want to go again next year.
Have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment